Khajoor/Dates are one the richest source of iron with a high nutritional value. They are a very useful health supplement for women and kids especially. I have heard my elders saying consuming one date daily is very beneficial for your overall health, keeps your immunity intact. So here’s one such Khajoor Pak (Sweet Dates) homemade recipe with the core ingredient being Khajoor/Dates. It is a traditional recipe that originates from Gujarat,a western state in India and is called Khajoor Pak and I lovingly named them as “Dates Kisses “ as I moulded them in the shape of kisses chocolate for my little one!
Ingredients For Khajoor Pak (Sweet Dates) Homemade Recipe
- 400 grams of seedless / Kimia Dates
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of ghee or clarified butter
- 1 Tbsp of roasted and crushed/powdered mixed nuts. ( you can use roasted crushed peanuts powder instead of mixed nuts)
- A handful of Roasted and shaved pistachios and almonds.
- 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
Procedure For Khajoor Pak (Sweet Dates) Homemade Recipe
- In a deep pan add ghee or clarified butter, allow it to melt completely.
- Add the deseeded dates to the pan and toss them well and stir continuously. You need to shallow fry them. You may add little ghee/ clarified butter to adjust the shallow fry consistency.
- Keep stirring from all sides for good 7-10 minutes or until you see all the dates getting nice and gooey, on medium flame. Ensure the dates don’t get stuck on the base of the pan.
- Now once the dates are gooey and leave the edges of the pan easily, is the time you switch of the flame and add the crushed mixed nuts powder.
- Mix well so that it blends well with the dates making it lump-free.
- Then add cardamom powder to it and mix well so that it spreads evenly onto the dates nuts dough (Pak).
- Remove it to another plate or container and slightly tab it with a spatula so that it cools down a bit. Remember you need to keep it warm while you mould them.
- Now you can mould them to the shape of your choice or like kisses chocolates like how I did here.
- Once you shape them they are good to get dressed with pistachio and almond shaves.
- You can eat them fresh as it is by making in small quantities or store a larger batch in a tight container.
- They are good to stay at room temperature for about 5-6 days post that store it in the refrigerator.
The key to making this easy and quick Khajoor Pak (Sweet Dates) homemade recipe is to cook the dates well and in the right consistency to ensure its shelf life. All in all, it serves as a bite-sized snack for kids after school and adults post-workout! Also, it is a keeper when you are traveling and you crave eating something sweet yet healthy!